What makes this daily routine so powerful is the concept of completing this each night before the day starts AND ranking the items in order of importance
Here are the five simple steps to following this routine:
1. At the end of each workday, write down the six most important things you need to accomplish tomorrow. Do not write down more than six tasks.
2. Prioritize those six items in order of their true importance.
3. When you arrive tomorrow, concentrate only on the first task. Work until the first task is finished before moving on to the second task.
4. Approach the rest of your list in the same fashion. At the end of the day, move any unfinished items to a new list of six tasks for the following day.
5. Repeat this process every working day
One method that makes this incredible powerful is to create a master quarterly Ivy Lee daily routine streak. In SWOTAnalysis.com keep adding a new day to the top of the list. My quarterly Ivy Lee daily routine has an every day list, plus I create a special weekly section each week to highlight my top 6 priorities for the upcoming week.